Thank you so much for your terrific cooperation. I greatly appreciate your wonderful effort and will continue to be a loyal customer. I have nothing but good things to say about Africa Direct for all the times I have done business with you. You are a great bunch of people and you prove that the old fashioned business principles are still alive and well. Thanks again. It's been a real pleasure
What a pleasure to do business with professionals—a buyer's DREAM (as always).
- Lee from New YorkWithout your website my aesthetic life would be limited . . . and my neck bare.
- JNI have collected and been a professional antique and art appraiser and consultant for 38 years. Buying African art is at best difficult and and worst, especially from online, dangerous and very risky. Africa Direct has the right staff and professionals to assure me of purchasing an item that is "as described" as to authenticity, attribution, age and condition. They are open and honest in their descriptions and they have great packing and fast shipping, which is truly what every buyer needs and wants. I have bought many pieces from them. Their staff is polite and fair and honest. Their communication is fast and courteous. Their prices are fair and competitive. I have seen what their competition offers and I would not buy from anyone but Africa Direct for myself or on behalf of others.
- Dennis from the Midwest, USAAfrica Direct is great! A huge selection of merchandise in a wide range of prices. Items are well-documented and the age and condition of items clearly stated. Information is very good. Service and communication are excellent.
- GLCI've used Africa Direct several times now both on eBay and directly, over the last 3 years or so. I am in the UK but the items have always been received on time and really well packed. I visit African countries a lot with work but never have the time to source any items there and so rely on Africa Direct.
- CCAfrica Direct is one of my absolute favorite sellers. I am an art jeweler and love to incorporate trade beads into my work. Africa Direct sells so many beautiful trade beads, as well as many other interesting African artifacts, that I know I will always find just the right components to complete my work. Even better than their incredible inventory though, is their business and personal philosophy. Africa Direct truly cares about their customers, their community and their global interactions. They have very successful, ongoing, charitable efforts through their Ebay sales and have very strong commitments to support their suppliers both here and abroad. In this world, where so often you see businesses only taking care of themselves, I find it very refreshing to work with Africa Direct, where they understand that we are all in this together, and the more we support our fellow man, the better our world will be.
- S SmallWhat's not to love about in-home shopping for an incredible selection of items from faraway places? What's not to love about choices at a wide range of prices? About one-stop gift shopping for a wide variety of recipients? About artistry and craft, and about compassion for the artists and artisans? What's not to love about the accessible customer service and awesome packing for a variety of fragile items? And what's not to love about learning (so effortlessly) so much about African art?
- NPI am an enthusiastic supporter of everything I believe Africa Direct represents. As a collector of this material, I have found great pleasure in my transactions with them and found them to be consistently courteous and efficient in response to my inquiries. I look forward to the possibility of future opportunities to do more of the same. I wish them every success in their important work.
- JWI love Africa Direct! I am a former art teacher with a passion for African art and the people of Africa. I "met" Eliza/Africa Direct through a Google Ad in 2005 and made my first purchase that same day—a gorgeous Ndebele doll. I have since purchased an amazing Kuba cup, an Ethiopian icon, a Baule Peacock mask, the most elegant giraffe from Zimbabwe, four verdite elephants (one can never have too many elephants!), a stunning basket, charming birds, wire lizards for myself and my son, gorgeous fabrics . . . and too many jewelry items to list. I love helping the people of Africa this way and I know they are getting a fair price for the items that I purchase. All of the people at Africa Direct are great! Everything is packed carefully for shipping and service is very fast. In the rare instance when something didn't quite work out, returns were very easy, and not a problem. I also don't know how many books I have purchased based on Africa Direct’s recommendations. I just ordered the John Clarke book on Tibetan jewelry. The educational information is what attracted me to Africa Direct’s site back in 2005. Be sure to join the mailing lists to get a sneak preview of what’s new.
- Judy, Lima, OhioWe’ve been buying beads, masks, and art from Africa Direct for almost six years. Their prices and selections are the best in the business, and their customer service is unparalleled. Combine these qualities with their unswerving devotion to charitable causes, and you have a business you want to deal with time and again. We can unconditionally recommend Africa Direct.
- Mark and AnnaI have been dealing with Eliza and Sara for many years. They are experts—informed, friendly and totally reliable. Their vast inventory (pictures and descriptions) is an education in itself. Quality is high and prices fair. Eliza and Sara top my list of African art dealers.
- G Shreve, Bloomington, INIt seems to me that you run your company very well and I am grateful I found you. The photos are excellent, there are no surprises, the shipping is incredibly fast and the invoicing is impressive. I am a jeweler who has always loved jewelry from other cultures and eras and I am now combining that with the high carat fine jewelry that I make. The response has been wonderful. Thank you and your staff so much.
- JHYour African offerings are very "powerful" and are very difficult to resist. Thanks so much to all of you for offering them. And I must tell you that your descriptions of usage, cultural and spiritual value to the people who create and use them are invaluable to us who want to learn and understand more. Personally, I can't emphasize this enough! Thanks to all of you for your sensitivity and efforts to bring disparate people together through the items for which you "shop", purchase and offer to us.
- C HendrixThe Fra Fra flute/whistle arrived this morning, in perfect order. As usual, a wonderful piece, an expert description, perfectly packaged and an ultra fast shipping. Many thanks for another pleasant transaction.
- JP SantosI wanted to take a moment and write to tell you how much I appreciate the fantastic trade beads I've recently been buying from you. I'm a newcomer to this fascinating aspect of beading, but the more I read and learn about them, the more I realize what "treasures" I've been getting from you. As someone with a limited budget, I am thrilled with the quality, quantity and variety of beads I can get for my money through you. While I dream about buying some of your higher price, rarer strands, I have never been disappointed with the ones I CAN afford from you, and am usually pleasantly surprised at how much nicer they are than what I had expected! Finding you as a source for these incredible old beads has definitely "upgraded" my creative output, and whenever I get asked where I find my beads (which is quite often these days!), I tell people to check out your site. I've bought beads from other sellers, but you just can't be beat for the consistent quality (and quantity!) of beads for the money. That, plus the super fast shipping has made doing business with you such a pleasure!
- M GroenjesI would like to thank you for working with me on my order. I really appreciate it. The value you have for your customers shows in the service you provide and for this I am looking forward to doing business with you for many years to come. Thanks again.
- J GarciaImagine my delight (and surprise) to receive your package less than 24 hours after you mailed it. To say I am happy with my purchases is an understatement. As always, it is a pleasure to buy from you. Many thanks for quality items and excellent service.
- M SkurnikEvery time I visit a computer I get seduced again by your gorgeous beads. I will look forward to this next package. - Jane from Australia Wow! I doubt I know of another company that consistently delivers superior customer service and support. You should write the "Customer Service for Dummies" book—guaranteed to be a best seller.
- M ScottReceived the African wedding bead strand and the loose repoussée amber beads
What a pleasure to do business with professionals—a buyer's DREAM (as always).
- D Rogers